Jesselton International School A Level
Why choose A Levels at Jesselton International School?
– It is a 100% examination-based assessment.
– We emphasize on analysis and application of in-depth knowledge, practical and laboratory skills.
– We have a mentor-mentee system that guides students through their academic progress and university application.
– Students who complete their A Levels also receive international recognition from the Top Universities worldwide.
Cambridge Assessment International Education : September , January
Edexcel International Advanced Level : September, January
September Intake : 21 months
January Intake : 18 months*
*(please consult with our registration officer)
Cambridge Assessment International Education: May and October
Edexcel International Advanced Level : June and January
Passed UEC, SPM, IGCSE, O Level or any other equivalent qualification recognised by Malaysian Government with minimum five (5) credits including English (or IELTS minimum score of 5.5)
A Levels Subject
We offer 7 subjects in this pre-university programme
Students are advised to choose a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 A Level subjects from there. When choosing what to study, pick subjects that you are comfortable with or in line with your strengths.
Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE)
Edexcel International Advanced Level (IAL)
Combination of subjects
Accounting (CAIE) or Physics (IAL)
Economics (CAIE) or Chemistry (IAL)
Business (CAIE) or Biology (IAL)
A Level Accounting helps you develop knowledge and understanding of the purposes of accounting. You can then apply this to a variety of accounting problems. This four-unit course helps students develop a range of important and transferable skills. The syllabus covers the essentials such as the recording of financial information, accounting principles and control systems. Learn how to raise capital by shares and loans, study the preparation of cash flow statements, and more.
The syllabus covers a range of basic economic ideas, including an introduction to the price system and government intervention, international trade and exchange rates, the measurement of employment and inflation, and the causes and consequences of inflation. Students also study the price system, market failure, macroeconomic theory and policy, and economic growth and development. When you study this subject you will gain an understanding of economic concepts and theories through a critical consideration of current economic issues, problems and institutions that affect everyday life.
Studying A Level Business Studies will help you develop a critical understanding of organisations. You’ll learn about the markets they serve and the process of adding value. Students will understand and appreciate the nature and scope of business, and the role it plays in society. The syllabus covers economic, environmental, ethical, governmental, legal, social and technological issues. It also develops a critical understanding of how organisations work and the markets they serve.
Study a combination of theoretical and practical studies that leads to an understanding of the biological molecules and cells. In the advanced subsidiary level, the syllabus covers the energy transfers in and between organisms, how organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environment, genetics, populations, evolution, ecosystems and the control of gene expression.
The subject provides a thorough understanding of key concepts, an in-depth knowledge of chemistry’s most important themes and strong practical skills. Among other topics, the syllabus covers atoms and forces, experiments and evidence gained, patterns in chemical behaviour and reactions, chemical bonds, as well as energy changes.
The syllabus provides experimental and practical science studies, enabling students to acquire sufficient understanding and knowledge. The topics covered include kinematics, dynamics, deformation of solids, particle & nuclear physics, quantum physics, magnetic fields, electromagnetic induction.
Students will have a solid foundation in the mathematical tools and techniques often needed in the workplace. It helps to develop logical and reasoning skills that will be useful even in non-mathematical arenas. The topics covered include Pure Mathematics, Mechanics (for science students), and Probability and Statistics.
Edexcel International Advanced Level and Cambridge Assessment International Education : Worldwide Recognition
- Edexcel International Advanced Level and Cambridge Assessment International Education are top ranked examination boards.
- Both operate under guidelines for quality, standards and consistency specified by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) and Cambridge assessment of the United Kingdom.
- There is no difference in the level or quality between the examinations of Edexcel International Advanced Level and Cambridge Assessment International Education.
- The specifications of syllabuses may differ but both of them are recognised by top universities, colleges and employers all around the world.
Difference between Edexcel International Advanced Level and Cambridge Assessment International Education :
- Edexcel International Advanced Level modular system allows students to retake any module to improve their subject grade without having to repeat an entire level. Only the highest mark scored in any attempt will be taken into account.
- Cambridge Assessment International Education linear system requires students to take the exam in two phases, AS level and A2 level, to make up a full A-Level pass. Each level accounts for 50% of the total marks. Students dissatisfied with any units must re-sit the entire level. Only the last score will be taken into account. Although universities often require a number of full A-Level passes for admission, AS grades also attract UCAS points and are counted for university entrance.
University placements after A-Levels
A Levels Programme Coordinator
Ms Neelam Kaur Bhabra
Meet A Levels Programme Coordinator
Welcome to A Levels – The Bridge to an International Success!
At Jesselton International School, we offer a curriculum with a British International foundation approach. Our unique A Levels programme, which are the Cambridge GCE A Level and Edexcel International Advanced Level programme, follow a staged assessment approach.
Besides optimising the abilities of talented students and recognising their full potential, its flexibility enables students to sit for the AS level in one examination and complete the final Cambridge International A Levels at a subsequent session or Edexcel International Advanced Level which enables completion of A Levels by a modular system.
We welcome you to join us, and challenge you to “Awaken your inner Lion”. Take this opportunity to be part of the best and the right path to success!
Ms Neelam Bhabra
A Levels Programme Coordinator
Jesselton International School